Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oodles of Noodles (My Scraps & More # 52)

When my daughter and I went to LA this summer, we got to the hotel quite late - too late for most restaurants to still be open.  We were staying in Little Tokyo and decided to walk around a bit hoping to at least find a 7-11 or something to get some kind of food.  Tucked behind one of the side streets was a small shopping area that had a ramen noodle shop still open so we realized it was our best bet.

Well proper ramen noodles have no relation to the dried packaged type we lived on during college!  This bowl was HUGE - it could have easily fed a family of 5 and still had leftovers.  It was loaded with mushrooms and green onions (too many green onions!) and was really tasty.  I think I finished less than 1/4 of it!


The layout design was based on a sketch from My Scraps & More (I have a big order from them scheduled to arrive today - sooooo excited).  I did modify the sketch a little by converting the circles to squares (I just wasn;t feeling very "roundy" last night).

Papers are quite old and include several Sassafrass papers that I never thought I would use (got them as a door prize at a crop), EP Hello Summer, and EP Paradise Beach.  I added some big brads from Bazzill, some chipboard word stickers from Micheal's, and a few homemade photo corners and punched hearts










4 comments:

  1. ohhh looks yummy!!!! great layers!! sooo glad you played along with My Scraps & More sketch blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title and how you used rectangles instead of circles.
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketch Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patterned papers are lovely, as are the colors! I love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and for following me, I had a browse at your layouts which are so clean and gorgeous I just had to follow you back so that I can see your future pages! Love the community that blogging creates. Back soon to say hi again. xx

    ReplyDelete