Thursday, October 24, 2013

Old Moments


This is a very old photo of my husband and his father.  We don't know the exact date but figure its about 1979 or so

There were three main inspirations for this - all from the scrappy friends:
  • Sketch - this came from the wonderful Brenda Ragsdale of Grand Diva's Creative Corner.  
  • Colors - this is from the Scrappy Friend Rochelle Spears.  Those were not easy colors for me as I have very little orange in my collection but in digging deep, I came across an old striped paper from Kasiercraft that was a perfect launching pad.
  • Stash - the final piece of the three Scrappy Friend's challenges was a stash challenge by Kristi B - stamping, frame, and a ready made border.  For this, I used a stamp from Little Yellow Bicycle as the de facto title.  The frame is in two forms - a wood small frame in the upper left and a small Maya Road chipboard frame that I covered with orange paper.  The ready made borders are a thin brown border sticker from Jillibean Soup and a gold bubble-like border sticker from Pebbles.  A big thanks to Kristi for this as these have been in my stash for ages!







2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and take on all three challenges! It is amazing what we find, when we start to dig deep into our stash! Thank you so much for playing along with the Scrappy Friends challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Layout! You did great with the challenges! Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends challenges!

    ReplyDelete