Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nik Wallenda (My Scraps & More #50)

Do you remember Nik Wallenda's amazing walk across the Grand Canyon this summer?  I admit to being terrified watching!!  My parents got to watch him practice and train in the weeks leading up to it.  The Wallenda family live in Sarasota where my parents live and much of the training was in very open areas including on the waterfront where Nik employed several air boats to create the wind he would encounter at the Grand Canyon.  Everyone got a chance to talk to him during his training - it was all up close and so personal.  I would have wanted to talk to him AFTER the cnayon walk, though!

The sketch was inspired by My Scraps & More and the use of many different squares of paper came from ACOT shape challenge.  All papers and stickers are from Echo Park Happy Summer collections; alphas are resist chipboard letters from Close to My Heart inked with ink from Studio G.



4 comments:

  1. I Love your take on our sketch! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that is crazy!!! love how you did the pics!!! sooo glad you played along with My Scraps & More sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors and photos, thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are perfect for those papers!
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More.

    ReplyDelete